QuickBooks since its launch has served multiple businesses to handle the accounting and payroll data. There have been consistent updates to make it better and more user-friendly, but errors might come up once in a while causing the problem to the normal working of the application.
QuickBooks Error 12002 might pop up at times while QuickBooks is updating or updating any of the payroll services. The common cause for the occurrence of the error is when QuickBooks is not able to securely get the internet affiliation due to interference by different applications on the PC.
Multiple causes leading to QuickBooks Error 12002
The possible causes that could lead to the appearance of the QuickBooks Error 12002, are given below but not limited to the following.
- Internet SSL settings might be incorrect.
- Issues related to Internet connectivity.
- Default browser other than internet explorer.
- Firewall security hindering QuickBooks to connect to the internet.
Easy solutions to QuickBooks Error 12002
- Open the internet explorer after closing the running QuickBooks.
- From the tools select Internet Options.
- Check for the security settings to ensure that it is not higher than Medium-High.
- Click on the globe icon at the top and select the Content tab and make sure that content advisor says enable.
- Click on the Connections tab and then advanced.
- Click on Restore Advanced Settings
- Scroll down for the options of Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2. chances are that you might not be able to find the options mentioned above in your version of Internet Explorer given under the settings tab
- Verify if the option of Use TLS to is selected and checked
- Ensure that, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not selected or checked
- Click on Ok and close the window of Internet explorer.
- Restart your computer and update the QuickBooks to run it smoothly.
- With the use of Help, ensure the Internet Connection Setup is correct
- On the menu of Internet Connection setup, verify that “Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet” is set as the connection
- Click Next and click done.
- Perform the update once again
- Click on the tab of update now
- Ensure to select the checkbox of reset update
- Click on Get updates button
- The update must complete if the error isn’t there, but if the update fails call the accounting helpline for quick solutions.
The technical problems can have multiple root causes, and depending upon the cause, the solutions vary. Hence, do not feel baffled if the problem of QuickBooks error 12002 still persists, the professional technical experts are a call away. Contact (844-888)-4666 for assistance in solving the error and protecting your vital data.